IO2060-18 Interactions & Electronics (2nd years bachelors course IDE)
Module IDE PhD course – Data Collection (IDE graduate school)
Course material: lecture
Course material: lecture
IO1020 Mens en Product (1st year bachelors course IDE)
Other learning material developed
- Moens, Suzanne (expected Aug 2020) DfI design project. Chair: Visch, V.
- Parukoor Thomas, Bibin (expected Aug 2020) DfI design project. Mentor: Jaskiewicz, T.
- Ding, Luhui (expected Aug 2020) DfI design project. Mentor: Boon, B.
- Chang, Wen-Ying (expected July 2020) DfI research project, in collaboration with Somnox. Mentor: Bourgeois, J., Company mentor: Stoevelaar, J.
- Mellema, Tessa (expected July 2020) IPD research project, in collaboration with Aito BV. Mentor: Bourgeois, J., Company mentor: Lönnberg, J.
- Sun, Fan (expected April 2020) DfI design project. Mentor: Vegt, N.
- Spiering, Suzanne (March 2020)Designing for children’s agency in sustainability. DfI design project under the project ENERGE. Mentor: Boess, S.
- Falcão Duarte, Carolina (September 2019) Insight.me: Enabling a collaborative use of healthcare data. SPD design project. Mentor: Pannunzio, V.
- Bozbay, Alara (August 2019) Smash it or crack it: Designing interventions for emotional eaters to engage in behavioral expressions of emotional distress. DfI design project. Mentor: Schifferstein, R.
- Ritsma, Iris (July 2019) VEA – Personalizing the journey towards enhanced asthma self-management. IPD design project, in collaboration with CAHAG. Mentor: Paus-Buzink, S., Company mentor: Hallensleben, C.
- Wang, Jia (July 2019) Engaging Tool to Increase Food-related Literacy of People with Low Socioeconomic Status. DfI design project under the project FoodSampler. Mentor: Vegt, N.
- Faber, Jasper (July 2019) Turbuscope: Designing an eHealth solution to improve medication adherence for asthma patients with low health literacy. IPD design project, in collaboration with NeLL. Mentor: Dekkers, T., Company mentor: Bontenbal, A.
- Zhang, Chi (2019) Designing a new food informatics system: A different angle to record and understand food behaviour. DfI design project under the project FoodSampler. Mentor: Pasman, G.
- Li, Lina (2019) Energizing sleep-deprived parents: Unlocking parents evening activities with mindful and secular rituals. DfI design project. Mentor: Weerdesteijn, J.
- Alphenaar, Wikke (2019) The NICU Neighbourhood: Creating a low-stress parental experience. DfI design project, in collaboration with Amsterdam UMC. Mentor: Beekman, Q., Company mentor: Elsbeek, E.
- Lazamahu, Garry (2019) Towards a Digital User Research Tool: A Digital Workflow of User Research for Software Companies. DfI design project, in collaboration with Grible. Mentor: Creussen, M. Company mentor: Lagendijk, F.
- Huang, Min (2018) Spinsight: Fostering Millennial’s Social Vitality At Work. DfI design project, in collaboration with Office Vitae. Chair: Keyson, D. Company mentor: Werts, T.
- Koot, Laura (2018) Walkmen: A mobility tool that allows the visually impaired to experience a feeling of autonomy. DfI design project in collaboration with Bartiméus. Chair: Pohlmeyer, A. Company mentor: van Doorn, M.
- Paseiro Cerrato, Ana (2018) User involvement and the processing of qualitative user feedback in an Agile environment: a case study. DfI design project, in collaboration with AerData. Mentor: Carlos Coimbra Cardoso. Company mentor: van Berkum, J.
- Wellink, Marina (2018) Spectrum: colour conscious parenting. Mentor: Passman, G
- Schoop, Dioni (2018) Nudging towards the future: Designing a financial app for people living in the now, in collaboration with ByProxy. Mentor: Beets, M. Company mentor: Meyer, R.
- Willems, Loesie (2018) Encouraging generosity: turning everyday product into pro-social helping tools, in collaboration with Wehelpen. Chair: Pohlmeyer, A. Company mentor: Slijpen, J.
- Moelder, C (2018) Improving visitor flow at the Van Gogh museum: towards a better museum experience. DfI design project, in collaboration with Van Gogh museum. Chair: Vermeeren, A. Company mentor: Prins, S. & Slingerland, J.
- Aerts, J (2018) Increasing awareness about the influence of Air Quality & Noise on Well-being. IPD research project, in collaboration with Studio Überdutch. Chair: Kuipers, H., Company Mentor: Karstkarel, M.
- de Klein Heerenbrink, Rozemarijn (2018) Energy Management of COPD patients: Exploring the needs and criteria for support in self-management by means of e-health solutions. DfI design project, in collaboration with MedicineMan. Chair: de Ridder, H., Company Mentor: van Dijk, D.
- Karova, Plamena (2017) Mindful Bites: Design for Conscious Cat Feeding Experience to Prevent Cat Obesity. DfI research project. Chair: Desmet, P
- Portnoy, Joana (2017) Enabling CPG brands to improve the shopping experience of consumers by developing meaningful location-based activations in the shopping floor: CPG brands + Location-based activations. SPD design project, in collaboration with Philips Lighting. Chair: Calabretta, G., Company Mentor: Essing, D.
- Wong, Bo (2017) Olli Play: A new modality in child-toy ownership. DfI design project. Chair: van der Aa, J.
- Kingma, Dorian (2017) Teamwork in Design Education. IPD design project. Mentor: Tassoul, M.
- Passa, Daniela (2017) PENCH The interactive museum bench: Lasting encounter; Combining museum and maker experience to design new possible scenarios. DfI research project. Chair: Vermeeren, A.
- Gillis, Y (2017) Supporting the Situational Awareness at the Emergency Department. DfI design project, in collaboration with Pontes and UMC. Mentor: Beekman, Q., Company mentors: Goethal, F. and Tukker, J.
- Pannunzio, Valeria (2016) Effortless interactions for emergency care. DfI design project, in collaboration with Philips International B.V. Mentor: Beekman, Q., Company Mentor: Eerden, J.C.
- Muilkens, Daan (2016) Empowering residents of smart grid neighborhoods to achieve energy efficiency: Increasing fairness in collective actionDfI design project. Chair: van der Meer, H.
- de Koning, M (2016) Coping with stress in the work environment. DfI design project. Chair: Schifferstein, R.
- The, L. (2015) Saving energy in care homes through behaviour change. DfI research project, in collaboration with ENECO. Co-chair: Sonneveld, M., Mentor: Guerra, O., Company Mentor: Schmitz, T.
- Ringard, E. (2015) Fysio 24: Designing a meaningful user experience for an innovative physiotherapy telecare service system. DfI design project, in collaboration with Fysio24.com. Mentor: Coimbra Cardoso, C.M., Company mentor: Uythoven, C.
- Alberts, Janna. (2015) Empowering seniors: Design of a tool to support elderly patients and their care network. DfI & IPD research project, in collaboration with Connectedcare. Mentor: Albayrak, A., Company mentor: Vastenburg, M.
- Nagy, Z. (2014) Breath-e: A research tool for relaxation optimization. IPD research project, in collaboration with GRIP project from CRISP. Mentor: Jaskiewicz, T.J. Company mentor: Van de Garde-Perik, E.M
- Den Blanken, Kiki. (2014) Exploring interaction styles: Tailored reflection & interaction for different patient profiles. DfI research project, in collaboration with Philips Research. Chair: de Ridder, R., Company mentor: Visser, T.
- Mali, A. (2014) Designing the Resource Clock – A consumer product for layered feedback on domestic resource consumption. IPD design project, in collaboration with Metabolic. Chair: Rusak, Z., Company mentor: Monaghan, C.
- Zaaijer, M.J (2014) Increase customer loyalty and online net sales share through the use of smart devices. DfI research project, in collaboration with HILTI. Mentor: van Heur, R.J.H.C., Company mentor: van Iperen, B.
- Zhu, G. (2014) A delicious time at Hills & Mills. DfI design project, in collaboration with Hills & Mills. Mentor: Bakker, S., Company mentor: Kazmi, S.
- Malkamy, M. (2014) “Day-Dreamy Bath”: the interactive tool to enhance GROHE SPA-end consumers interaction by bringing the emotional aspects of bath products experience to them. DfI design project. Mentor: Cardona, A.M.
- Hartong, J. (2013) Redesigning social mechanisms in digital calendars to better support a flexible lifestyle. DfI design project, in collaboration with Calendar42. Mentor: van der Helm, A.J.C.
- Rutten, J. (2013) Designing Ampul: Exploring future prosumer interactions. DfI design project. Chair: Keyson, D.
- Kijne, G. (2013) Raising Resident Engagement for Amsterdam Smart City. SPD design project, in collaboration with Accenture and Amsterdam Smart City. Chair: Mugge, R., Company mentor: Wenzler, I. and Bolsius, V.
- Ascencio, Gabriela (2013) Mediator tool to increase the acceptance of technologies among seniors. DfI design project, in collaboration with Care@home research program (HEX group). Mentor: Pohlmeyer, A., Company mentor: Pommeranz, A.
- Zhang, X. (2012) A Communication and collaboration tool design for caregivers of seniors with cognitive impairments. DfI design project. Chair: Vastenburg, M.H.
- Ge, H. (2012) Design a weight management product for Chinese young career women. IPD design project, in collaboration with Philips research. Chair: Geraedts, J., Company mentor: Hoonhout, J.
- Van Haaren, F.J.M (2012) Shareworks: a web platform to support project courses. DfI design project, in collaboration with Shareworks. Chair: Mulder, I.J.
- Menting, J. (2012) Hybrid zones the ideal place for contact: Design for communication in streets with no hybrid zone. DfI design project. Chair: Keyson, D.
- Findik, Nur (2012) Design of Experience Sampling Tools for Reporting Student Experience in Design. DfI research project. Chair: Pasman, G.
- Rek, Minyou (2011) Motivating people to reflect on and share their experiences for design research. DfI research project. Chair: van Boeijen, A.G.C.
- Gunay, A. (2011) User experience in public products: the effects of presence of other people. DfI research project. Chair: Hekkert, P.
Note: Cum Laude (with distinction) in bold
- Hub, F. (Sept 2018-Dec.2018) BSc internship project in Interaction Design for an educational platform. In collaboration with Dream – Innovation in education
- ‘t Hart, B. (Sept 2015-Dec.2015) BSc internship project to explore self-report triggers in the workplace. BOCS project
- Gonzalez, L. (Nov.2014-March. 2015) MSc internship project to investigate the relation between comfort and energy consumption in Healthcare residential buildings. In collaboration with ENECO.